Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Okay, friends. Brace yourselves. It's another yogurt recipe. I just can't stop. I'm addicted to baking with yogurt. Is there a support group out there for folks like me?

Just look at it, though. Doesn't it look scrumptious? It was. Like, seriously, for reals. So moist. So chocolate-y. So bananalicious. So nom-nom.

And might I add, pretty healthy?!?



I found the {recipe} on the web at food.com. 

This is how it looks in a greased loaf pan before the oven...


And, after!


Here's the recipe:
Healthier Yogurt Banana Bread via Sharon123 on food.com
1 cup sugar
2 eggs (I used egg substitute)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup applesauce
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream (I used Greek yogurt)
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (you can use 100% all-purpose flour if you want)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 T wheat germ
1 T wheat or oat bran (I used another tablespoon of wheat germ, because I didn't have the bran)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan (5x9) with cooking spray. You can also double the recipe and use a bundt pan if you'd like. Cream margarine/butter, applesauce, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, then add bananas, yogurt or sour cream, and nuts and chocolate chips if you choose. Bake for 1 hour or if using mini loaf pans, 45 minutes or until a toothpick goes in and comes out clean. Let it cool for at least 30 minutes.

I love the crusty outside and the amazingly moist inside and melted chocolate bits. Yum. You gotta try this. Happy bakin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment