Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

BBQ Ranch Dressing


Inspired by a smoked tri-tip that my hubby made, I started pulling ingredients out of the refrigerator and spice cabinet and whipped up this salad dressing in 5 minutes...I was making the leftover steak into the star of a salad...again. Sorry for the lack of a pretty salad picture. I missed my Kodak moment.

Ingredient list, minus salt and juice...oops.
Well, even if you end up having repeats for dinner, you can try to spice it up a little each time. Here's how I did it:

BBQ Ranch Dressing (makes about 1.5-2 cups)
1/2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. ketchup
1/3 c. pineapple (or orange or apple) juice
2T. yellow mustard
2T. Worcestershire sauce
2T. agave nectar or honey
1T. dried chives (optional)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Put all the ingredients in a food processor, blender, or Magic Bullet and blend away. Or in a jar and shake, shake, shake!

I wouldn't have known the first thing to put into this two weeks ago, but I happened to make a BBQ sauce from scratch earlier this month. So I went off of that recipe and started spooning out this and that, until it looked and tasted like a creamy BBQ-Ranchy-like-sauce. It goes great with salad topped with BBQ chicken or sausage or steak or even grilled veggies...or dip some chicken nuggets in it. Yu-um. It's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment