Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Big Sky's Buck's T-4

My husband's work most recently brought him to Big Sky, Montana, for an aerospace conference. He had gone to this same event last year without me, and came back convinced that I needed to share the experience with him this year.


Who was I to argue with this??

He flew out over the weekend while I worked at a conference of my own for the beginning of the week (I guess early March is conference time, no matter what industry), then met him up in the mountains on that Thursday. The views from the resort were amazing.

Montana cuisine is all about the wild game. You'll find elk, wild boar, and bison as staples on every menu. From the airport, I took a shuttle up to the mountain. I was lucky enough to see these beautiful bighorn sheep on the way up...


The bus driver was the first one to mention Buck's T-4 as a must-eat-at place. Mental note made. Thank you.

When I met up with my hubs at the hotel, we went to visit the concierge for ideas on activities. She was #2 to mention Buck's. Alrighty then. She kindly made us a reservation for our last night there.

In the meantime, we had some fun with sled dogs!


We had such a fun time with the dogs and enjoyed some amazing views along the trail. My driver was pretty handsome too. :)

So, the end of our trip came, as did our time at Buck's. It's quite a ways away from the hotel, so they actually offer a complimentary shuttle from the resort to the restaurant.

I ordered the bison tenderloin, which is served with creamy garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables, and topped with fried onion strings.



The bison was melt-in-your-mouth tender, really flavorful, and a huge portion. Button was unbuttoned after eating this meal. The potatoes were quite possible the best I've had in the States...My favorite mashed potatoes were in Paris - so silky smooth, you want to drink a whole bowl of them...but these were pretty darn scrumptious.


The hubby ordered a bison meatloaf grilled cheese sandwich. Hello!! Meatloaf grilled cheese?!? Oh yeah, that's smart. Why haven't I thought of that before? Needless to say, I'm inspired to add cheese to my next meatloaf sandwich. How 'bout you?

In addition to the ginormous sandwich, he got a plate full of crispy fries and a yummy house-made smoked ketchup. There wasn't much left on that plate at the end of the night. It was a winner.

What a nice end to a beautiful weekend away in the snow. Happy tummy, happy me.
If you ever find yourself in Big Sky, check out Buck's T-4!

No comments:

Post a Comment