Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Florida Favorite

This is gonna be a pretty short post. We've been traveling a lot over the last few weeks, and we're just in the middle of it. At this point I'll be home for a 4-day stretch sometime in early April.  I thought I'd share a little bit about our trip to Florida at the end of February and a new love.

We like going to local restaurants when we travel - places that one cannot find in California. For example, Cracker Barrel. Good home cooking for not a lot of money. The excitement of having dinner there was pretty high for me. I mean, biscuits, cornbread, country ham, meatloaf, chicken n' dumplings, greens, mac n' cheese...all for $9? You can't beat it.

But then we found Steak 'n Shake. Oh dear. If I lived in Florida I would be there way too often for my own heart's good. They serve the "original steak burger," really good chili, and amazing milkshakes. And it's super cheap. Love it.

I think it's kind of like the In 'n Out burger phenomenon on the west coast. But this place has a more complex menu, which I kind of love.


Oh, Steak 'n Shake, how I love thee, let me count the calories.


These are the shakes. The front left we have the Reeses peanut butter cup shake. In the back, the "banacolate" shake - banana and chocolate in one glass.

Did I mention I loved this place?

No comments:

Post a Comment